Program Eligibility Criteria
To enroll in the District of Columbia Caregiversí Institute program, you MUST meet the following program requirements:
In addition, you must meet two of five eligibility criteria as a caregiver:
- You must be a DC resident providing uncompensated care for an elder (60 and older) who is also a DC resident.
- Caregiving must create a financial burden for you.
If you meet the above requirements, complete the Program Registration Form
or contact us at 202/464-1513 to be placed on the waiting list.
- You care for an elder who needs help because of physical or mental limitations.
- The elder you care for has low to moderate income.
- You are experiencing stress related to caregiving.
- You need support to assist with caregiving.
- To avoid moving into a nursing home or assisted living facility, the elder needs you.