A social worker conducts a confidential assessment for program participants
in the convenience of their home. The purpose of the assessment is to gain
information about the caregiving situation in order to refer clients to
helpful services and resources. The assessment will focus on the caregiverís
needs and concerns. During the assessment, the caregiver will complete a
Caregiver Support Plan that makes recommendations concerning:
- Ways to decrease stress and suggestions for self-care practices.
- People who can help with caregiving tasks.
- Resources available through the senior services network supported by the DC Office on Aging.
- Items and services reimbursable through the Caregiver Flex Account.
- How to best use the other services of the District of Columbia Caregiversí Institute.